25 May 2009

Borinquen

Right. Some things have worth. Some things are worth more than other things. Some things have no worth. Some things are free.
This isn’t new shit I am learning.
Some things are free. So you don’t really want them. Or you are stoked to find that you now have more junk. Some folks like junk. Some people collect it. Some people spend every waking second scheming new inventive ways to collect more free shit. I never figured that game out.
Take it and discard it. Bums need shit too.
Some things have no worth. Zero. Some things are just worthless. Most things have no worth. But in a bind, when anything is needed, something worthless is at least a thing. Again, these are at least something and needed, like cough drops, when needed. In fact, something worthless can be very useful and have a semi-permanent station in life. Sometimes it can even be permanent.
Get all you can out of it, because it’s free.
Some things are worth more than other things. Who knows why? I sure don’t. Gold isn’t rare, I mean we still dig that shit up, but it seems to be worth more than topaz and I think I remember someone telling me we have about found all the topaz in the world. So someone puts a nice arbitrary value on things and now everyone must live with those costs. Some people believe in this shit and work hard or lie and cheat and steal their way to attaining the higher valued shit.
Get yours. No one is stopping you.
Some things have worth. Some things are just worth more. Some things fit in a hole in your soul. Some things understand the amebic boundaries that we are and change with us. Some things are eternal in, the very least, our own eyes.
I meant every word I said to her. I meant every word I wrote about her. I meant the promise I gave only to myself about her.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Things that are worth more than you think.

running shoes. because a lot of normal shoes are uncomfortable.

mosquito net. because getting bitten while sleeping just doesn;t seem quite right. and it vents.

not having a car payment. this is awesome.

yes and yes. and yes. I know you liked that HUA pic.

27/5/09 01:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes I don't know what I want.
Sometimes I do.
Sometimes I want him to be you but he is not.
Sometimes I want you to be him but you are not.

25/6/09 23:52  
Blogger M said...

I still think of you and i feel guilty

9/11/10 04:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home