17 August 2009

All You Can Eat Shrimp Dick

Right. I once tried to do things. People said jump and I jumped. People said to tread lightly, and I watched myself. People said to respect my elders and act mindful of other people and always keep in mind humanity and to be decent. I did all of these things. I do all of these things. And to be honest, I enjoy these things. And to be even more honest, being and doing all of these things has gotten me absolutely nothing.
Not that life is about what you get. No. Life is simple – you do shit and then you die. Up until I left the Army, I don’t think anyone could say I wasn’t doing shit. I did shit. I did a lot of shit. And one day, I, along with all of you, will die.
Then I left the Army.
Good times.
I don’t ask for much. I don’t feel entitled to anything. I try my best at most everything I do. Eight months. No work. Nothing. No one even seems remotely interested in letting me work. I am 31 years old. I have a Master’s degree; I was an Army Captain with combat experience. I can’t get a job waiting tables. I had jobs and internships and awards won in college and graduate school and the Army. I can’t get a job as a part time janitor at the fucking church down the street.
The church says they save those jobs for people who “need” them. I don’t know how much more I could need work.
The restaurants say they don’t see me working there very long. Wouldn’t it stand to reason that if I am applying to wait tables that I can’t find work and will be there until I do and since in 8 months I have gotten exactly zero interest mean that I will be waiting tables until I am killed in a tragic boating accident?
I know it seems hard out there. But every idiot I know makes money. Every douchebag, self serving fuck has a job.
Everyone shits. Every single person on this planet takes shits. Some just do it differently. Some people shit in the wild for their life. Most people shit on toilets. Some people shit in a hole in the floor. Some people shit on solid gold toilets.
"History did not demand Yossarian's premature demise, justice could be satisfied without it, progress did not hinge upon it, victory did not depend on it. That men would die was a matter of necessity; which men would die, though, was a matter of circumstance, and Yossarian was willing to be the victim of anything but circumstance. But that was war."

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Blush said...

most people are shit.
you left the army...wow, i've missed quite a bit

20/8/09 02:19  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am overwhelmed by my love for you. I wish you could see what I see when I look at you. I am so proud of the man you have grown into. You have experienced things that I cant begin to understand. Be patient, there is a plan, you have a bright future ahead. You have always gone off the beaten path and done things your way, never stop being true to yourself!

Sissy

20/8/09 16:52  
Blogger xTx said...

majorly sucks dude.

22/8/09 20:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you are trying your best.. as am I... figure your life out, figure out what you want out of it... eventually things will be the way they are supposed to be... for better or for worse things will work out at the end.

24/8/09 00:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I have an idea. Go back to the Army. You are a Captain and you will always have a paycheck. Stop whining and go serve your country again.

24/8/09 07:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home