21 August 2004

Truer Words have never been spoken


"Hey Yossarian, when are you going to hit us off with some bomb shit? Some shit that hits me so hard that the alligator part of my brain eats the rest of my grey matter, subsequently morphing me into one giant walking ID. Completely indulging on self-indulgence. So much so that I throw the natural balance of things so far out of whack, that gravity reverses and send us flying out to the depths of the cosmos?" I hear this question all the time class. Let's be honest with one another. It is only day four. I have to establish the ground game. So when I stretch the field, everyone appreciates it. It is unexpected at that point. If I hit you with it now, I could only go down from there. That simply isn't good showmanship.
I have been thinking about the cats I went to school with. I went to college and some of the peeps I went to school with were extra nice. So big ups to WU. Grad school was different. I loved BU. But my BU peeps, well you don't like me, and I don't even give you the thought to be liked or disliked. Just wall hangings at someone's house. There, but immaterial to my life. But big ups nonetheless.
This book is really some of the best shit ever. But everything is the best shit ever when it confirms your preexisting beliefs. Trust on that.
But I wanted to mention. I had the distinct honor of listening live to the rock and roll savior of the planet. I do not mean they will save the planet, but they will save rock and roll. Picture in your ears a hybrid of The Clash, the Boss and Nirvana. Three white kids being nice with their instruments. I could tell you the name of the band, or I could leave you hanging in limbo. Well I hate suspense. So the band is called "Miles of Wire."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Molson cup award hockey travel package deals waterbed pennsylvania cheep valtrex Ultra shine auto polish

16/2/07 13:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »

2/3/07 17:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

6/3/07 04:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home