19 January 2006

Thursday Night Fights

Dear Yossarian,

The woman in the cubicle across from mine wears her crucifix on the outside of her shirt. She displays this symbol of oppression, both internal and external oppression, everyday. The symbol offends me and her Christianity offends me. She never says anything to me about it, but I have overheard her talking to her family and other Christians in the office about it. This is all very offensive to me and I would like to know if I should her fired for creating a hostile work environment or how I should go about letting her know her beliefs offend me and I don’t want to deal with them in my work place.

Thank you,

G from FLA

Dear G from FLA,

I was watching Clash of the Titians the other day and I drank a root beer. It was a good time, I must admit. Afterwards, I packed a lip and read this book I been reading. I sat in my massage chair and read about six chapters and then I fell asleep, right in the chair. Can you believe that? That's how I like to spend my weekends, because my weekdays are so hectic. That's how I roll. Sometimes the only thing that keeps me driving on is listening Nora Jones and the belief that in two years and four months, I will be out of the Army and hopefully I can land a job with a hockey team. I like that idea. Getting paid to watch hockey. I'll do whatever job they need, but I'll get to watch hockey. Man. There is only one person on this planet I wouldn't ice to get that job, she's my mom, and anyone else would have to go. That entire job thing would also work if you were to replace the word hockey with baseball or football or women’s tennis.
I almost forgot to mention. I bought a couple hundred dollars worth of soup a few days ago. I decided that from here on out, soup is the only thing I will eat. No more unnecessary wear and tear on my enamel. No sir. Soup is the way to go. I have all kinds of soup. Tomato is my favorite, but I also enjoy clam chowder. And I’ll be very honest with you, broccoli and cheese is tasty too. I had this soup one time with mini ravioli things, baby corn, green beans and tomatoes, but I don’t think Campbell's makes anything like that. While I was at the grocery store I thought, "What goes well with soup?" Then it hit me. Tea. So I have an abundance of tea now also. Not hot tea, though I'm not opposed, I'm just more of an iced tea fella myself.
I must have looked funny buying obscene amounts of iced tea and soup and Copenhagen. But that's okay. Comedy is good. I used to like to read tragedies. But that was when I was younger. Before life taught me that life is tragic enough without me reading about it. So I guess it's good to bring laughter into the world. It's also good to bring things like baby corn into the world. Because I fucking love baby corn. In fact, if you are ever trying to get me to go to a party, chances are I won't want to go. But if you tell me there will be baby corn, well shit, we will see how fast the Acura will go.

You're Welcome,

Yossarian

P.S. I did not answer your question nor give you advice because it is quite possibly the most fucked up, inane and frivolous issue in the history of mankind. Is your life so empty that you must take issue with someone whom doesn't speak to you? You want advice? Cram a hunting knife blade first up your cunt. Also, what the fuck is FLA? I thought the abbreviation for Florida was FL, you daft twat. But either way, may Christ bless you for not asking me a sex question.

17 Comments:

Blogger xTx said...

this is the best advice column ever.

19/1/06 10:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tomato soup my friend. and it has got to be the with something great, not sitting on the couch with a fake gas fireplace reading oprah's book of the whatever whatever. i mean with something great like ice side tickets. remember that shit. that was the most noble act ever, inviting us bums to accompany you to a great game right next to the penalty box. the power of door hinges. i pay the young yossarian and door hinges much respect.

what would happen if this ladies cross was not around her neck, rather tattoed somewhere?

19/1/06 14:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my life is a bug's life
the poo poo platter
that shit makes sense
and is about 64% funny
but not like my life makes sense
my life makes sense like a highway lemonade stand
i bought alot of arizona tea in arizona. they have a steady supply in nearly every establishment but not much selection

19/1/06 14:15  
Blogger unkind said...

I simply can't believe that this is a real letter. What a dipshit.

I too support the soup idea, except for the fact that I enjoy taking craps too much to forego solid food.

19/1/06 14:35  
Blogger Yossarian said...

real letter indeed...cocaine it was 77% funny, yall need to fight more.

19/1/06 15:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

true about the fighting. this web site is supposed to have 100% more fighting....and is has more like 43%.

unkind old man, pick a fight with meredith. or ill just write something reasonable....that seems to be a good way to more fighting.
where you been? adding to the list of sarahs perhaps. btw, where is my man card? i know i put that thing somewhere.

19/1/06 15:59  
Blogger xTx said...

i was supposed to go to a hockey game on saturday night but now I'm gonna be in Dallas. oh well.

19/1/06 16:11  
Blogger meredith said...

I don't even want to talk about this. It's so stupid that I want to bitch slap someone, anyone, just because.

I have been pissed lately because I want chicken noodle soup but with the thick noodles. I can't find it.

I wish I had more time to read. Right now all my spare time is spent watching the Sapranos.

19/1/06 16:39  
Blogger unkind said...

Did you not take AZ to Ye Old Tyme Bonetastic Bonery? You fucking lady. If you didn't it's seriously time to close the book on that one.

Y keeps writing all these weepy pasha-referential posts. I mean, they're fine, but they're not conducive to conflict. Guess I'll just have to change my link to this place.

As for T, sorry to hear that you have to go to Tejas -- a cruel fate.

19/1/06 16:43  
Blogger Yossarian said...

these lately havent been about pascha. so fuck you and if you want to fight about, well fuck ill throw down.
i have 100 bucks riding on my ass tomorrow. it seems someone went around saying that I could eat 50 hooters wings and drink 2 pitchers of beer in one sitting. now i have to do it for 100 bucks. that someone running his mouth was me.
Cocaine...hey look theres a new mexico and you went there and didnt get laid...welcome to my life. except i dont go to new mexico not to get laid. i accomplish that right here.
Fuck going to dallas. go to the hockey game. Actually, go to the stars game. they play hockey in texas. you dont believe me? wanna fight about it.

19/1/06 16:58  
Blogger xTx said...

i learn so much just from reading your comments.

$10 bux says you can down that shit at hooters.

19/1/06 17:54  
Blogger unkind said...

10 bucks says you fall asleep in the parking lot next to your car after vomiting. I've seen that shit happen.

No, totally. None of them are about Pasxhqwa. Isn't that what I said? That's what I meant.

Really.

19/1/06 20:03  
Blogger Yossarian said...

actually very few of them are about her. i think you should fuck off while you still got the legs to carry you.
maybe i will fall asleep after puking...maybe i will call you and make leave my puking noises on your voice mail. whats up now?

19/1/06 20:08  
Blogger Blush said...

for real T, so much

19/1/06 21:30  
Blogger SayUnderpants said...

I too watched Clash of the Titans the other day...how 'bout that...

As for that fucked-up letter writer...that's not a hostile work environment...there was no retaliation...and the writer even admitted that nothing has ever been said to them directly. The letter writer should get fired for being a shit disturber...

20/1/06 08:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wanna fight about it yossarian. fifty wings can be done. fifty wings has been done. the two pitchers of beer you should be able to handle. stretch beforehand. you know that i would be asleep and paint your car a new color. check it!
unkind, what up kid. you still seem to have a good amount of fight. perhaps, enough fight to answer your phone. you cool?
something fucked up happened on the airplane about you.

20/1/06 11:40  
Blogger unkind said...

Pardon? What did I do to an airplane?

20/1/06 12:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home