16 January 2006

Your Power And Strength Stays With Me

Right. There are parts of my past that I fool myself into believing are part of my present. There are parts of her I keep with me. There are parts of her that make forever seem manageable. There are parts of her I think about every second of my life. There are parts of her they can't tear apart.
There are feelings I've felt that I've tricked myself into feeling now. There are feelings she gave me that make it okay to be myself. There are feelings we shared that give me the power to make it through forever. There are feelings I saw in her I will never inspire in anyone else. There are feelings I have that they can't remove.
There are words she misused with aplomb. There are words I remember her mispronouncing. There are words I misuse and mispronounce in secret in order to pay homage to her. There are words they will never define.
There are movements we made that cannot be replicated. There are movements she made that astounded the core of my soul with their elegance and simplicity. She made moving an art form; her body demanded its actions to be called movements instead of motions. There are movements they cannot describe.
There are looks she gave only to me. There are looks that she gave me that I hold as sacred possessions more valuable than anything ever bought. There are looks she gave me, and I look differently because of them. There are looks she gave me portraying every emotion known to man and a few that aren't. There are looks they'll never see.
There are memories of her I'll always have. There are memories that make my worth. There are memories that will bore my grandchildren. There are memories I will use to know how decent the world can be if you let it. There are memories they'll never have.
There are people I love. There are people I will return to. There is only one I want to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home