01 August 2008

74 75

Right. I am here. I am alive. Life is fine. Confusing. I am in Greece on R&R. Women are beautiful. Small, declarative statements.
As it stands, I am no different. As it stands, I am the same. As it stands, booze still loves. As it stands, friends still laugh. As it stands, money still spends. As it stands, I still think of her.
As it stood, she was important. As it stood, war was normal. As it stood, hate and war. As it stood, walls were needed. As it stood, friends were absent. As it stood, I made a decision changing lives.
The future is unwritten. The best we can do is to walk in like we own it, as the future isn't set in cement. The future is without her. Or her. The future is as murky as the Mississippi. It is as veiled as an arranged bride. The future cannot be told by anyone, and those who claim they can see it are lying. The future holds Iraq for a couple months, then Germany, then home. The future is the same as I envisioned. Alone.
The present is torn. The past is done. The future is uncertain. If this is what every empire is destined to become, then count me out. If America is done, then let's get a front row seat. If this is my time to shine, then I am sorry for failing. If my time is yet to come, then I hope history doesn't repeat itself.
On the positive side, I miss both. In different ways. I plan on running. I plan on hiding. I plan on working. I plan on making you laugh. I plan on making you smile. I plan on you watching me melt in the fire I started to purify the collective conscience.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger xTx said...

keep this shit coming you dumb fuck.

3/8/08 19:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You plan on running. Damn right you are. If Kenny is running sub 21:00 5 Km and Im back in stride, you will be the lil bitch of the group. Cough up the tar and run when you get back to Germany. You aren't hiding because you know that I'll be there to snipe you with a photo!

4/8/08 07:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You bought the jersey.

5/8/08 08:32  
Blogger unkind said...

I haven't been able to do that consistently -- only when competing against cancer survivors. I hate those fuckers.

I have so many semi-gay fantasies about when you get back. Like when we open a bar together with all the money we don't have.

10/8/08 18:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home