29 November 2005

Words That Burn Me

Right. Thanksgiving came and went, and with it went my vacation. I am in a hotel somewhere on the alleged Great Plains heading to Washington State. I sort of just left and don't think I said goodbye to anyone other than my mom and dad. I really miss my dog.
Anyway, it's hard for me to explain. I saw the people I care about while I was home. Everyone in St. Louis I love I was fortunate enough to see. If I was a jerk or anything I am sorry. Underwear that comment was directed at you.
Cocaine, I have your jacket and I will mail it to you directly upon my arrival at Fort Lewis.
K-Luv, I will mail your comic, my awesome mix CD and two new CD's I have thusly burned for you and you will love all three.
I know how everyone lives under the same sky and how the God's live above and are so immense that we all live under them. But it is times like this, when heaven feels far away. The farther I drive away the further heaven feels. I wonder what love lies above Seattle.
I wish I had said goodbye to my friends. I wish I had gone out for a last night. I wish I hadn't fallen victim to hangovers and the most violent and time-consuming diarrhea ever known to man my last weekend in town. But I am not one for ceremony or goodbyes or anything like that. So it's hard to have a last night out when it could very well be our last night out. I have an eternity before I will deploy, which I still want to do, but if I don't make it back I just don't want the people I love to have the memory of the last night out. I can't explain it.
I'll try again when I am steady.