04 October 2004

Ring of Fire


Right. So my time is passing by like a caravan trader. I leave November 10th. I am looking forward to it. A little worried. I'm 26. For the most part of the last eight years of my life I sat around smoking cigarettes, drinking beer and watching my cock get smaller. Oh I also played a lot of videogames. I can appreciate what I've done. So I am a little worried that I will be the most out of shape dude ever to go into basic. Then I was thinking about how much time I'll be getting the shit kicked out of me. I have nine weeks of Basic, 14 weeks of Officer Candidate School, Airborne, SERE and then 9 weeks of Intelligence training. That's like 8 months of training. Sometimes, I wonder if this is the right decision. But then what I do is; I think about how I am sure that during the next eight months the number of times I'll be cold, broken, lonely and tired will be ample. However, in the part of my life I am leaving behind, sometimes I was cold, broken, lonely and tired too.