18 January 2007

Return Of The Loop Digga

Right. On a field in Mycenae I watched an Amazon start a fire engulfing armies 4,000 years ago. I stood in amazement as the blaze purified my skin and as I died, I named her Athena. I watched another man give her a necklace and her bless him for it. I first felt the desire of contact, but I died having only touched her wrath.
She was already in power when I met her 3,000 years ago. She was another's wife and the object of my passion. The most perfect woman to come, Nefertiti, I watched her rule when her husband died. She vanished and when she left, so did my will. I wanted only to see her eyes, but saw only her beauty.
She sat level to the masses, yet in a tower above as she orchestrated a rise to power. She gave a son to a grey eyed descendent of Venus 2,000 years ago. She then gave his best friend three children. I fled a nation as news of her suicide spread. Her whole life I wanted to see Cleopatra, but would have died knowing only her ambition.
Her husband died 1,000 years ago. She tried to make peace with the enemies of her husband in order to protect her son. I wept as she was exiled, but drank as she returned to make peace between her son and his enemies. I thirsted for the sight of Empress Agnes, but drank only her mercy.
She dressed as a man and led inferior men to defeat the English 500 years ago. I fought under her determination. I was inspired by her bravery. I devoted myself to her defiance. She would be executed, and later canonized as Joan of Arc. I fell in love again because of her purity and wanting to hold only her, I only held her divinity.
I'll never meet her today. I'll never hear her voice, follow her spirit, feel her rage or change her tire. I will know she exists, and for the first time in the history of man, the world will not be alerted to her presence. I take comfort in her aura. She is the inspiration for God. I have dreamt of her taking me to see 300. I will live this life wanting only to feel her, but will only feel her humility.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

20 years ago would've been optimum. But then there's that 10 year thing and pedophila is just wrong. History is hot.

18/1/07 14:35  
Blogger Grampa said...

Personally, I long for the glory days of Carthage and the taste of the Roman blood at Cannae.

19/1/07 01:36  
Blogger GUYK said...

Hmmm, does this mean that you are gonna vote for Hilary Clinton for prez?

19/1/07 11:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sit very close to small tv's

20/1/07 10:55  
Blogger unkind said...

I want to play poker.

21/1/07 23:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home