02 June 2005

Dance Pants Dance


Right. So here I am, more training. Sheesh, if I weren’t shamming out on a finance briefing right now I'd be even more miserable than I am. Why so miserable? Well allow me to enlighten. See I recently found out that I am branch detailed express to Intelligence. Meaning I have to go to Chemical OBC for five months, serve in a unit for six more and then I go Intel. All this really means is I will spend less time downrange and more time in TRADOC. Downrange is Iraq and Afghanistan and TRADOC is training. It sucks.
On the plus side I love my car. It is the best thing ever to happen to me.
Okay so let's get down to business. I want some security. I want to know that in three years I will have a decent paying job and be able to afford more shit, namely video games. I also want security in the video game industry. I want to know that video games will get better, and I don't mean graphics. I could give a shit about graphics. I like the story. So if any developers out there read this, make a good damn story. If you can't, then fuck, hire my friends and me. We can. We'd maybe even win an award or two, because we have a penchant to win shit.
I need a hobby. See I have this blog thing, but I need something else. I was thinking of fishing, but I don’t want the smell in my car. And I ain't no catch and release kinda fella. Dig? So then I was thinking of maybe getting a second job. But that ain't gonna work either. So I need help. Aside from washing my car, playing video games and training, I really have nothing to do.
I get these "Getting to Know You" emails where people send me a bunch of questions and expect me to answer them. Like I have the time. I am busy. What with sitting around all day and all. I hate those emails.
Why did they take Brak off the air? They remove all shit from the television airways that I enjoy. Gone are Brak, Sifl and Olly, Sea Lab, Buffy and the Wonder Years to name a few. Bring it all back I say.
You know what I am grateful for? The moment I look out my window and watch the children playing at the playground and I think, "Wow, those kids are just running around having a good time. Their biggest problem is keeping their shoes tied. God is in his heaven and all is well." That one moment when I feel like they do, because I remember it and long for that feeling and no matter how much beer I drink, money I make or shit I buy, I can’t duplicate the feeling. But for that one perfect moment I have it again. Then my brain fucks it all to hell by asking how can God be so hard and life be so taxing if this is how we start? I hate my brain.